Forrester: The Total Economic Impact of RSA Archer IT GRC
The purpose of this study is to provide readers with a framework to evaluate the potential impact of the IT GRC software implementation on their organizations.Download
In November 2011, RSA, The Security Division of EMC, commissioned Forrester Consulting to examine the Total Economic Impact (TEI) and potential return on investment (ROI) that enterprises may realize by deploying the company's governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) software tools, beginning with the IT domain. The purpose of this study is to provide readers with a framework to evaluate the potential impact of the IT GRC software implementation on their organizations.
Working with RSA Archer customers, Forrester identified and quantified key benefits of investing in the GRC product suite, including:
- Reassigning the firm's information risk management staff to conduct analysis instead of task-based work.
- More effective IT security expenditures with better understanding and allocation of needed protection.
- Increased productivity (reducing their compliance process burden) for non-risk management staff engaged in some GRC activities.
- Lower risk exposure and incident occurrence.
- Retiring obsolete third-party software.
These are the financial, quantified benefits that will be of interest to risk managers, IT pros, and budget owners. Business unit decision makers will focus more on the greater assurance that the RSA Archer GRC suite will provide in the form of regulator-ready, accurate and timely output. All GRC functional stakeholders will benefit from the collaboration and common risk platform.