The bank needed to manage its risk of online banking fraud, maintain a frictionless customer experience and ensure accountability around risks and controls.
- Using existing capabilities, the bank could detect fraud attempts but not identify the source.
- False-positives in fraud detection minimized efficiency and inconvenienced customers.
- Attempts to improve audit accountability were hindered by slow compliance reporting
The bank now relies on RSA for more effective web threat detection and more efficient compliance reporting.
- RSA Fraud & Risk Intelligence Suite provides web threat detection capabilities that enable real-time fraud tracking with fewer false positives.
- RSA Archer Suite reduces the time it takes front-line management to accurately report compliance to governance committees.
Real-time fraud tracking has enabled more timely threat detection and a higher overall security stance for the bank. The web threat detection capability has also dramatically reduced false-positive alerts, which means less investigation time for the front-line team and less likelihood of a fraud alert interrupting a customer in the middle of a legitimate transaction. In addition, RSA Archer Suite has radically reduced compliance reporting time, allowing the bank to shift its audit and compliance focus to performance management.