- Today, RSA and Pivotal announced the availability of a Big Data for Security Analytics reference architecture, providing insights into the visibility, analytics and actionable intelligence organizations need to detect and investigate today's security threats
- RSA Security Analytics, supported by Pivotal Hadoop technology, help organizations quickly detect, investigate and respond to security incidents before they have the opportunity to impact business
- The RSA Pivotal Reference Architecture serves as a guide to organizations looking to create a scalable approach to Security Analytics, and also ties into a wider approach to analytics of IT operations data and the creation of an “IT Data Lake”
RSA CONFERENCE 2014 – SAN FRANCISCO, FEBRUARY 25, 2014 - RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today announced the availability of a new reference architecture created with Pivotal to help organizations add flexibility and power to security analytics while laying the foundation for broader IT analytics investments. Building on the expertise of both RSA and Pivotal, this reference architecture helps organizations gain insights into the visibility, analytics and actionable intelligence they need to detect and investigate today's security threats while also providing a solid foundation for a broader ‘IT Data Lake' strategy, which helps to control costs and enables organizations to gain maximum value from IT systems.
Additionally, the new reference architecture showcases how the technologies from both companies can work together to help organizations investigate and respond to security incidents before they have the opportunity to impact the business. Together, RSA and Pivotal can help security analysts and incident responders with:
- Greater Visibility through full network packet capture, log collection and contextual data enrichment to spot threats designed to evade detection by common security tools.
- Enhanced Analytics at the time of packet capture and throughout its lifecycle to its archival and retirement, to spot anomalies and reveal indicators of attack and compromise.
- Actionable intelligence through data visualization, feeds of suspicious activity, and prioritization of alerts that allow analysts to respond appropriately to threats.
- Enterprise deployability and scale , using distributed, high availability, scale-out architectures that allow for expansion and flexibility to scale to the largest of environments.
- Flexibility and Agility through the ability to take advantage of new analytics modules and new data sources as they are developed or integrated, ensuring security operations are ‘future—proofed' as threats and business processes evolve.
Leveraging an open Hadoop-based data warehouse, RSA Security Analytics allows customers to take advantage of the innovations coming out of the Hadoop ecosystem. By partnering with Pivotal, RSA is able to offer customers the most complete set of analytics tools on the market today – delivering superior visibility above and beyond traditional log-based solutions while lessening dependence on data science skills. By bringing together the leaders in security analytics and data science, RSA and Pivotal are delivering a foundation for a broader ‘IT Data Lake' strategy, to help organizations control costs and enable IT to gain maximum value from the analytics and IT Systems.
Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“Big Data is one of the most important trends in IT, but there is still confusion around what technologies to leverage in order to derive maximum value from these disparate information sources. From an information security perspective, modern data centers produce huge amounts of data about themselves that can help improve security availability, performance and efficiency, but it's often captured in silos and tough to correlate and analyze. The foundation offered by RSA and Pivotal will be extremely valuable not only for organizations looking to bolster security capabilities, but also those considering expanding their Big Data strategy beyond just security.”
Todd Paoletti, Vice President, Product Marketing, Pivotal
“When it comes to modern day security threats, data is key to stopping the bad guys. RSA is building upon the Big Data expertise at Pivotal that lays the groundwork for a more secure computing environment. With the Big Data for Security Analytics reference architecture organizations now have a forward-looking guide to better stop threats through the use of sophisticated data and analytic techniques.”
RSA EXECUTIVE QUOTE:
Grant Geyer, Vice President, Security Analytics, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
“Last year we broke new ground with the launch of RSA Security Analytics and this year we are taking that innovation one step further. By partnering with Pivotal, we are offering customers a new, scalable approach to analytics that goes well beyond security to benefit the full IT organization”
- Learn More: RSA-Pivotal Security Big Data Reference Architecture
- EMC Pulse Blog: RSA & Pivotal: Big Data and Security Done Right
- Learn more about RSA Security Analytics
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security Blog and Podcast
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of intelligence-driven security solutions. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges: managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, preventing online fraud, and defending against advanced threats.
Combining agile controls for identity assurance, fraud detection, and data protection, robust Security Analytics and industry-leading GRC capabilities, and expert consulting and advisory services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the data they create, the transactions they perform, and the IT infrastructure they rely on. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com.
RSA and EMC are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.