SAN FRANCISCO – RSA Conference, February 13, 2017 – RSA, a Dell Technologies business, showcased a series of enhancements to its RSA SecurID® Access offerings, helping to enable organizations to provide stronger identity protection without sacrificing ease of use or forcing users to take on additional security burdens. The enhancements come as RSA unveiled new Business-Driven Security™ solutions that comprehensively and rapidly link security incidents with business context to respond effectively and protect what matters most.
The new identity assurance services offerings are designed to address current challenges organizations face in today’s evolving world of security. As cloud and mobile usage grows, the network perimeter is disappearing and identity has become the most consequential threat vector organizations face. With RSA’s latest innovations in context-based, dynamic risk analytics applied to its industry-leading multi-factor authentication and access management solution -- RSA SecurID Access -- organizations now have a better way to deliver convenient yet strong security for all users, from many devices, to a multitude of applications, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
“Now more than ever, we have to find a way to effectively balance security and convenience,” said Scott Unruh, Director, Network and Security, JE Dunn Construction. “As our user population grows more diverse and our IT environment gets more complex, we require an identity and access management solution that will help us solve today’s challenges, position us for high growth, and minimize our security risk profile. The technology approach offered by RSA meets these needs in spades.”
A new set of challenges requires organizations to seek out a new array of identity solutions. With the need to manage a dynamic and growing user population both inside and outside organizational walls, providing access to systems, applications and data that exist on-premises and in the cloud, as well as addressing increasing governance and compliance requirements, means current identity strategies are not sufficient for the needs of the modern workforce.
Today, IT security and operations teams are unable to manage the siloes of identity data and lack the centralized visibility into and control over user access they need. Users are frustrated in their attempts to gain convenient access to systems and demand faster access to data and applications. IT simply cannot put identity and access risk into business context fast enough to meet business needs, hindering business growth.
“The CIO and CISO of the modern enterprise must address multiple security and compliance demands while making it easy to achieve a higher level of assurance that users are who they say they are, and are accessing only what they should be at any given time,” said Jim Ducharme, Vice President, Identity Products, RSA. “It is imperative that organizations, no matter the size, find a flexible, easy-to-consume identity assurance solution that serves the needs of today’s modern workforce to access what they need, when they need it, from anywhere.”
RSA SecurID Access helps customers regain control of a disrupted perimeter with multi-factor authentication and single sign-on to the leading Web and SaaS applications, mobile apps and legacy resources (including VPNs, firewalls, on-premises applications, virtual desktops and Windows® servers or Linux® servers).
With RSA SecurID Access, organizations can gain the identity assurance designed to:
- Securely and confidently deliver the right level of access to authorized users – at the right time from anywhere, on any device;
- Provide invisible yet effective continuous authentication that improves overall security posture;
- Consistently and centrally enforce dynamic, risk-driven access policies based on context to balance convenience with strong security;
- Minimize enterprise identity and user access risk while protecting cloud-based and on-premises applications and data from unauthorized use and access; and,
- Speed user access to applications with a frictionless user experience, enabling the business to get more done.
Modern Authentication Solutions for the Modern Workforce
RSA SecurID Access is now delivered in flexible configurations and packages that are engineered to serve the various needs of every organization:
- Traditional Enterprise Users Accessing On-Premises Applications: Enterprises managing on-premises and client-based access needs can choose multi-factor authentication leveraging soft or hardware tokens, or a mix, as desired. This is the traditional offering from RSA SecurID Access and is now available via a subscription model.
- Diverse, Mobile User Populations Accessing Both On-Premises and SaaS Applications: Organizations that have applications moving to the cloud while also still managing a majority of applications on-premises need a single source vendor for all their access management and multi-factor authentication demands. With users that are accessing information from inside and outside the network and especially on mobile devices, RSA SecurID Access Enterprise Edition provides a truly modern solution that offers scalable, enterprise-grade access management for all of these applications types and user populations. When combined with the wide range of authentication methods offered by RSA, it is a flexible, high-value solution that can grow with the organization.
- Dynamic User Populations with Rigorous Access Demands Requiring Added Insight: For organizations that need next-generation access management to deliver secure, compliant and frictionless access to an ever-changing user base, RSA SecurID Access Premium Edition is the best choice. It offers everything that Enterprise Edition does with an extra layer of assurance applying risk-based analytics and context-aware insights to enable real-time, smarter authentication decisions. This provides organizations the necessary identity intelligence that minimizes risk and seamlessly improves overall security posture.
Through its time tested RSA Ready Program, RSA has certified more than 500 SaaS and on-premises applications to be interoperable with RSA SecurID Access technology. With each of the RSA SecurID Editions, customers can choose their authenticators from a wide range of options – from simple mobile form factors like push-based “shake to approve” methods to mobile-based biometrics to the most secure hardware token in the industry.
Organizations can conveniently purchase RSA SecurID Access today from RSA authorized partners and RSA as a subscription or perpetual license that can be deployed on-premises and in the cloud. The choices are flexible and are based on what an organization needs to protect, how they want to protect it, and how they want to deploy the solution. Learn more about the editions and pricing.
- New RSA Business-Driven Security™ Solutions Bridge the ‘Gap of Grief’
- Read the blog Reimagine Your Identity Strategy
- Learn more here RSA Identity Reimagined
- Attend the RSA Identity Summit
- Tweet this: Current identity strategies are compromising business #security. See how @RSAsecurity provides better protection: http://rsa.im/2lrZiL7
- Tweet this: IT cannot put #security risks into business context quickly enough. See how @RSAsecurity SecurID #tech helps: http://rsa.im/2lrZiL7
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security blog
RSA offers business-driven security solutions that uniquely link business context with security incidents to help organizations manage risk and protect what matters most. RSA solutions are designed to effectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user identities and access; and, reduce business risk, fraud, and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90% of the Fortune 500 companies thrive in an uncertain, high risk world. For more information, go to www.RSA.com.
RSA, Dell, Business Driven Security, SecurID, and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Windows is an either registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Linux is a registered trademark or trademark of Linus Torvalds. Other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.