Black Hat 2016 is fast approaching and I can't wait! The main event will take place on August 3rd and 4th at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Will you be there?
If you are attending Black Hat, please stop by the RSA booth - #1108. We have a lot of "goodness" planned for the security analysts to "Respond in Minutes, Not Months" by providing Insight to Action for the Fastest Threat Detection and Response.
First and foremost, Black Hat Network Operations Center (NOC) will be using RSA's threat detection and response platform. Using the RSA's platform, the Black Hat NOC can quickly respond to malicious and damaging activity while preserving a safe and secure environment for open online communications. You can actually sign-up to take a tour of the Black Hat NOC at RSA's booth (#1108) reception desk. Tours start at 10:45 AM and 3:15 PM PST daily.
In addition to the game and NOC tours, we will have some really fantastic industry experts speaking in our booth. Here are just a few of the amazing speakers:
- Amit Yoran (RSA President)
- "RSA's View of Threat Detection and Response" - Wed, Aug 3rd, 10:15 AM
- Zulfikar (Zully) Ramzan (RSA CTO)
- "Machine Learning: Panacea or Hail Mary for Cybersecurity" - Thu, Aug 4th, 10:15 AM
- David Amsler (Raytheon Foreground Security, President/Founder)
- "The Evolution of SOC - Moving from Reactive to Proactive" - Wed, Aug 3rd, 11:45 AM
- Chris Williams (Leidos Health, Chief Security Architect)
- "Pay Up... Or Someone Dies! Defending Against Ransomware in Healthcare" - Wed, Aug 3rd, 12:45 PM
RSA will have a game in our booth "Threat Responder: Minutes Matter", test your skills on how fast you can find threats using the RSA Threat Detection and Response solution.
RSA also has a sponsored speaking session and you do not want to miss this, it will give you a framework of operationalizing Threat Intelligence:
- Andrew Rutkiewicz (EMC Corporations, Principal InfoSec Engineer)
- "Developing and Evolving a Threat Intel Program"- Wed, Aug 3rd, 12:40 - 1:45 PM, Theater A (Show Floor near meeting rooms)
In addition to the above there will be other theater sessions throughout the entire day, so drop by and see everything from presentations, demos and speak to security experts.
We are also coordinating other events with our partners as follows:
- Security Social Hour with GuidePoint Secuirty and it will take place on Tuesday, August 2nd, 5:00 - 8:00 PM at Rí Rá Irish Pub at The Shoppes at Mandalay Bay Place.
- Happy Hour with Raytheon Foreground Security and it will take place on Wednesday, August 3rd, 4:00 - 5:30 PM. Stop by RSA Booth (#1108) and Raytheon Foreground Security Booth (#1132) and join us for a cold one with our cybersecurity experts.
- Evening Event with Optiv Security and it will take place on Wednesday, August 3rd, 7:30 - 10:30 PM at LIGHT Night Club.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Black Hat 2016!
Category: RSA Point of View, Blog Post
Keywords: Black Hat 2016